Y&V´s Social Responsibility towards our stakeholders as a whole constitutes the pillar of our activities.
This translates into a firm and voluntary commitment in all aspects of the sustainable development of our area of interest.
Our social strategy is focused on the well-being of our employees, the development of social investment projects in the communities where we operate, and on providing educational opportunities, overcoming exclusion, and improving the quality of life of children and adolescents at social risk. through the Y&V Foundation for Abandoned Childhood and Education of the Needy.
Aligned with the Global Goals
Since the publication in 2015 of the 2030 Agenda and the SDG Sustainable Development Goals, Y&V has understood its leading role in achieving sustainability and has aligned itself with the agenda proposed by the United Nations, measuring our action based on the scope of the 17 Sustainable Development goals, thus demonstrating that through our businesses and operations we contribute to the achievement of a Better, Fairer and Sustainable World for New Generations.
Our Social Responsibility Programs were recognized with the Latin American Award for Corporate Social Responsibility given by the Interamerican Construction Federation (FIIC) Year 2014-2016.
Y&V encourages the social commitment of its workers through an active Volunteer Program. This program is aimed at serving children and young people who reside in homes benefited by the Y&V Foundation and is focused on carrying out essential recreational activities for the integral development of children.
15 activities on average per year
1200 children benefited from the activities
2000 hours on average per year of volunteers' free time
The Y&V Foundation for Abandoned Children and Education for the Needy, created in 2005, has the mission of providing educational opportunities, overcoming exclusion and improving the quality of life of children and adolescents at social risk.
- Scholarships for undergraduate studies: Undergraduate scholarships are awarded and low-income university students with outstanding academic performance are monitored at public and private universities.
- Prevention and care of children and adolescents at social risk: Projects promoted by care entities and social organizations are financed and strengthened. Institutional advice is provided, continuous monitoring of the programs is carried out, and the participation of the Corporate Volunteers in activities aimed at the well-being of children and adolescents who remain in homes is promoted.
460 students benefited annually from the Scholarship Program since its creation.
More than 600 children from Casas Hogares benefited per year.
More than 5500 beneficiaries per year of the different projects carried out by social organizations in the areas of food, education for work and prevention.
Y&V, a company oriented towards excellence, has the ISO 9001: 2015 certification in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) services since 1999..
For Y&V, being governed by a quality management system is a strategic component that allows it to regulate and increase customer satisfaction levels, through continuous improvements in processes that translates into productivity improvements and the design of sustainable solutions.
Y&V guarantees its clients:
- The ability to regularly provide services that meet applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Promote strategies to increase customer satisfaction.
- Address the risks and opportunities associated with the context and objectives of the project, in depth.
- Demonstrate compliance with a focus on total quality and business excellence models.
Y&V fosters professionalism, excellence, responsibility, awareness, and adequate relationships with stakeholders in the environment where it operates. Therefore, it adopts an Integrated Management System under the international standard ISO 45001: 2018.
To support the safety of its professionals, clients and associates, Y&V is governed by the highest prevention standards; incorporating safety practices in daily operations, specifically in the areas: local, regional and corporate. In the engineering and construction industry, Y&V has a focus on risk elimination, through in-depth training, decisive planning and procedures according to the best health and safety policies.
To advance along these lines, the benefits that are usually established are:
- Greater value and security for customers in the supply chain.
- Increased participation of the organization's members and other interested parties.
- Reduced cost of incidents, downtime and cost of service outages.
- Better reputation, for complying with an international standard
Aware of the environmental challenge posed by the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) businesses, Y&V is widely committed to creating solutions that optimize the use of resources, reduce waste and energy consumed, adequately manage the waste generated and train stakeholders.
With an Environmental Management System based on the ISO 14001: 2015 standard, the success of the projects is backed by the quality of the services, professionals and equipment that give life to each work. The direction of the Organization strategically covers the challenges and opportunities according to the environment; as well as the integration of environmental technologies and compliance with the requirements of said international standard.
Y&V Y&V is effectively aligned with the socioeconomic priorities of the business and the protection of the environment, through: